Our after-school enrichment program provides unique activities and valuable initiatives which address the needs of our members’ intellectual, physical and emotional development. The Boys and Girls Club was one of the first organizations to see the need for keeping children occupied after school and as our programming has grown, we add something new every year.
- Project Learn – Targeted tutoring and homework help provided daily.
- Food For Thought – A multi-course meal served every night along with adult- driven dinner table conversations.
- S.T.E.M. For Us All! – Learning about important coding, engineering and design concepts in a fun and engaging atmosphere.
- Miss K’s Art Class – Kayzia’s expertise in multiple mediums will have your children thinking creatively and proud of the pieces they bring home to show off!
- Social and Emotional Learning with Rushford – Professionals from Hartford Health Care teach our members about kindness, emotional well-being and productive ways to deal with anger and stress.
- Sports – We cover a wide range of activities with the goal of getting kids up, moving and participating while also accentuating team work and fair play. Basketball, Volleyball, Lacrosse, Archery and Softball are Boys and Girls Club mainstays and our structured Gym Time provides games and activities that encourage movement, motion and working together to achieve goals.
- Torch Club – Torch Club is a character and leadership club for boys and girls ages 11 to 13, helping to meet the character development needs of members at a critical stage in their lives. Kids develop leadership skills by serving in “elected” positions, working together to implement projects in service to the Club and the community. These activities, guided by a caring and experienced professional, give participants a firm foundation in leadership experience and promote a sense of integrity and activism.
- SMART Girls – A small-group health, fitness, education and character program designed to meet the needs of pre-adolescent and adolescent girls 11-14. The program helps them meet the challenges of puberty and beyond by offering mentoring, field trips, open discussion time and projects designed to encourage our young girls to speak frankly about the difficulties they encounter.
- Activity Room Time – Purposeful play and social recreation in a well-supervised and supportive atmosphere.