Meriden Youth Sports Programs
The Boys & Girls Club’s sports leagues encourage youth to develop their physical and social skills. Teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership are among the skills emphasized in our program. Adult volunteers coach each team, instilling the Club’s goals of learning while having fun.
Unless otherwise noted, all leagues cost $75 unless otherwise noted. Membership is required before registering for a program. Contact the Club at 203-235-8185 for further information or if you have an interest in coaching a league.
Youth ages 9 & up can come down to shoot archery for fun or for competition. Youth must take beginner’s lessons if they haven’t shot at the Club or Cuno Camp before. Lessons are held by appointment throughout the year. Tournaments, leagues, and travel teams are also available.
- CUNO League: 10-12 week program, for youth from 6th-8th grade.
- Tex Burt League: 10-12 week program, for youth from 4th-5th grade.
- Don Maleto League: 10-12 week program, for youth from 1st-3rd grade. Focuses on basketball fundamentals.
- Larry McGoldrick Girls League: 10-12 week program, for girls in 4th-8th grade.
- Basketball Skills Clinic: 10-week co-ed program for 1st-8th grade. Focusing on skill development. (Fall/Spring)
A sport growing in popularity through out the country and the Boys & Girls Club is proud to be bringing it to Meriden! Lacrosse is hosted by Meriden United and the cost is $175 (uniforms included) Must have current BGC membership.
Co-ed Volleyball Clinic for youth in grades 3rd-8th. Sessions are held on Friday evenings from 6pm to 8pm.